Sometimes one good thing is all you need. A statement pendant gets you noticed fast, without the obviousness of a chunky, clunky necklace. There’s a certain je nais se quoi about wearing something so striking yet so simple. From emerging butterflies to shooting stars, here are a few of my favorite pendants:
1. Marni Pendant Necklace: This butterfly is not quite in full bloom, and that’s what’s so charming about it. The oversized scale and jade horn make enough of a statement.
On My Theresa for $409.
2. Alexander McQueen Pearl and Crystal-Embellished Skull Pendant: When it comes to getting your skull fix, McQueen is still the dealer du jour. Pearl trim gives a ladylike splash.
On My Theresa for $315 (from $525).
3. Emilio Pucci Crystal-Embellished Star Necklace: Pucci always has me seeing stars, but this time it’s literal. I love the extravagant length of this cosmic embellishment.
On Net-a-Porter for $460.
4. Donna Karan Wooden Pendant Necklace: Go natural with rustic wood and woven leather. A pendant hitting just below the neck is ridiculously chic with a crewneck dress.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $655.
5. Maison Martin Margiela Plated Copper Necklace: No fools here. You’ll look like you struck gold with this wild nugget, dangling from a sweet ribbon.
On Luisa via Roma for $670.