There is nothing more classic than a pair of gold hoops. However, while the look endures, the new shapes are anything but traditional. With a (quite literal) twist on the classic round loop, I’m suddenly reminded how much I love them, especially for summer months. The gold hoop just might be the easiest jewel to travel with – throw a pair on and go, with anything from a white tee to a fancy cocktail dress.
All available at Barneys New York.
1. Irene Neuwirth Gold Braided Hoop Earrings ($4,815): Figure-eights of 18-karat gold strands will light up your face and dance as they dangle.
2. Ten Thousand Things Gold Crinkle Hoop Earrings ($1,950): A bit of distress proves good for the archetypal hoop. These offbeat crinklers are right on.
3. Eva Fehren Champagne Diamond & Gold Thorn Hoop Earrings ($3,760): A thorn in your side or a delight for your lobe? Eva Fehren’s hoops have a sweet sharpness.
4. Hoorsenbuhs Gold & Diamond Dame Tri-Link Earrings ($3,850): Diamonds are a hoop’s best friend! A trio of links brings flash without skimping on class.
5. Sara Weinstock Diamond Maltese Cross Hoop Earrings ($2,080): Serious texture and sterling-silver Maltese crosses make for a deeply exotic effect.